Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Life.. Or Not

Hi guys,
aku baru hari ini sempet lagi untuk baca blog ini since the first day of puasa..
and i'm stunned to read about all the kesaksian" ttg puasa ini yg rasanya dahsyat bangett yaa.. hehehe. as for myself, aku bnyk bgt belajar ttg
seeing myself through God's eyes, learning to surrender & trust Him more
gitu for the past puasa week
...

because aku percaya banget dgn ini:
Phil 1:6

Anyway,
I want to share about an article that I read on here: http://forum.anointedyouth.org/showthread.php?t=12211

My Life… Or Not
What should I do with my life?

This is probably one of the most important and difficult questions we will all face at one time or another. Unfortunately, too often we get so caught up in what we want for our own lives, we forget to ask one of the most important questions we could ever ask;
"Lord, what do You want me to do with my life?"
You may think it is an easy question to ask, and it is! Believe me though; it is very hard to sincerely ask. After all, we all have our hopes, dreams and plans for our own lives, things that we want for ourselves and our futures. None of which we want to give up! I recently struggled with this, too. Especially when I laid aside my pride, and I sincerely asked God what His will for my life was... and He answered.
I struggled, I cried, prayed... and said to myself, "there is no way I am going to give up everything I have dreamed & worked for to follow this! God, you have got the wrong person... I'm not strong enough to do this!" Then, after a while I realized what I was doing. I was wrestling with God! The creator of the universe!
I was telling Him how I wanted it, even after he had promised me that He would be with me.
He even said in His word that He will not give us more then what we can handle.
I realized how foolish I was being, and after praying even more, I realized that I had to give it up... I had to give it all up.
Not just a little part of my life here and there, not just the little insignificant part that I could easily do without.., no, all of it.
Everything I had been hoping for and dreaming about, even my friends, family, hobbies, "love life", you name it, I had to give it.
Was it easy? You may ask. Was it simple to give everything, from my dreams to my friends, to the very title deed to my life?
No, it was hard and I admit I struggled for days with this. I literally had to die to my own will, to every little thing that might ever have the power to pull me back. I was put in a place where I could either learn to trust and give it up to Him or say no and walk away.
I decided to trust.

It hurt... no, it throbbed. I cried and I prayed as I audibly named everything I was giving up into His care.
But, when I was done, when I had named everything I could think of, and when I gave Him the very keys to my life, I felt a weight lift from me.
I no longer felt pressure to be something by the world's standards;
I knew that it was now in His hands.
If His will for me is to become a "someone" by the world's standards, He will make a way. Even if He doesn't though, it will all be in His hands.

One thing I have found is that when you surrender, when you give up the right to your own life, you might at first feel like your giving up, like you're never going to be anyone. But believe me, it's not true!
When you surrender, you are giving Him the permission He needs, to take control of your life, and to make it into something bigger and better than you would have ever thought possible!
The reason why I say "the permission He needs" is, because He wants to have a close relationship with each and every one of us. That's why he didn't make us perfect. He wants us to choose to follow Him. Otherwise, He would have made us all robots, all without freewill. Yet, He loved us enough to give us a free choice, so we could choose to follow Him.
That's why He wants you to trust Him, He wants to be your one and only provider, so He can fulfill you in ways no earthly success or thing ever could!

I'm not saying that it will always be an easy road, but He will be your hope and peace, in the good times and the bad.
When you surrender, you draw closer to Him, and when you draw closer to Him, you don't really even think about what you used to want. All you can think about is what He wants, and whether or not you are living in His will. He has brought me so much closer to Him, in ways I would have not thought possible. So, if you are struggling with trusting God, let me tell you,
When you surrender, when you give up and fall into His hands,
you will be giving up your right to your life,
but you will be giving it over to The only One Who can truly fulfill your life.


Believe me, there is no better place you could ever be.

"I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good, and not disaster, To give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11) (NIV)

The thing is,
I think it's really important for us, especially during our fasting, to look at our lives again, what we still hold dear to us and has never let God 'touch'.. can be positive (e.g. hopes, dreams, wishes) or negative (e.g. worries, doubts) things quietly tucked away in our hearts/ mind. In order for God to be able to bring us to further in our greater purpose, we have to give it all up.. down to the single most significant thing you always think about pursuing yourself. God wants to do them with you! He longs for you to trust Him =) after all, to have God put something new in your life, you have to first give up the old one right?

so yeaa.. that' s kind of a lesson for me too hehehe.
and today, aku baru kerasa pengen maaaraaaahhh bgt gara2 tadi makan di tofu ya disuruh tunggu lama ama orgnya, dah itu dikasih mejanya ke org lain terus lagi.. pengeenn bgt marahh, aku sempet murung td, tp ga pengen lama2 sihh.. jdnya aku force myself to be ceria again =) coz i remember that i always have a choice how to think, live, speak, feel and see my life every day... hehehe.

anyway, hope this article helps you guys to, as everybody else says, "PRESS ON!!!"

* Keep Praying & Giving *

No comments: