Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fresh fire: A memorable encounter with God

Helloooo guys :)

It's post-thanksgiving period and everyone ought to switch gears from the relaxing break to our hectic days.. school.. work.. bla bla.. I feel good to be back, but at the same time I am already missing the days spent in Alpine Meadows (Healing Movement Camp). It's amazing how 3 days can change your entire life. God is truly mysterious yet awesome in His ways.

I've heard of how testimonies can bring blessings to others and I believe in that, so here goes my experience.

Before the retreat? 1) I dwell in my struggle to forgive ppl who have hurt me, 2) I was lukewarm in serving God and 3) I was afraid of testifying / sharing my encounter with God (just because I have a poor self-image and carry little confidence)

After the retreat? I am a changed teenage girl. Restored in spirit and healed at heart. I not only had my broken heart mended, but I've regained a healthy self-image, all thanks and glory to God. Aku sudah pulih skrg ^^ !!!

I'm also amazed at how God can touch the soul of every personality --- how He has picked me up and hugged me during altar call. It was an encounter too good to be missed.. For those of you yg ga datenk retreat, it's okay.. NEXT YEAR IKUT YAA!! ^_^ bener2 ga nyesel deh.. hehee.. As for those yg udah ikut, I'm sure we're all ready to transfer that fire to everyone else around us.. let us keep the fire burning as we encourage one another in prayer and good deeds :)

Also, God spoke to me about our youth generation during the camp. He wants to use us young people more.. He longs for us to come back to Him hungry and ready to be used in any way we can. If you are one of those who've been fervently asking God to use you, but haven't felt like you've done anything, congratulations. The good news is even without you realizing, the little things that you've done have actually affected someone else's life.. be it the simple act of smiling or asking "How are you?" when you meet somebody, or even your comment about something which you'd deemed as useless. Believe me, Kenji proved it to Olivia & me in his testimony :) Jadi, jgn pernah ragu kalo Tuhan tuh bener2 mao pake & sudah memakai kita..

One more thing.. we should start thinking far ahead beyond our time.. karena Ps. Benny reminded us that our generation is a "father" to the younger generation after us, and so are they to the generation after them.. so let us be a generation with burning spirit and insane passion for God, so that we can transfer this "wave" to our younger generation :) Semangaaaaatttt !!!

GBU.

No comments: