Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 13, 2009

Besyukur Kepada Tuhan

Teman2,

I would like to share my experience this week. Lately, a lot of changes have been going on in my life- both internally and externally. Although these changes were mandatory, I could not help but blame God for my current state. But I remembered what I was told two months ago while waiting for the bus: "bersyukurlah kepada Tuhan di dalam situasi yang susah!" Thus, I decided not to give up and began reading the book of John. Instantly, God, through the book of John, answered several questions that have been bothering me for months.

For one, how do I reign in life? Do I need guts, bravery or principles? Do I need a group of people to back me up in order to succeed? What if I want to reach out to strangers in my campus? Do I need to be eloquent? The book of John gave examples of how Jesus won the support of his people. Sure, he performed miracles and convinced several Jews but that was not the most fundamental factor. In John 8:50 "I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge." Upon reading this verse, I realized my previous mistakes. In order to reign in life, we have to act so as to ONLY glorify His name.

Momentarily, I was estatic over this new vision. However, this did nothing except concealing the troubles in my heart. Just an hour ago, my emotions turned really horrible. Perhaps it was the excessive pressure for next week's finals. Perhaps it was my family issues. Perhaps... ... ... In any case, I blamed God again! Knowing that I've sinned again, I started my iTunes and listened to two of my favorite worship songs. By the time the second song began, I started crying and venting all my frustrations on God. Imagine a grown man crying in the middle of the night; not a pretty scene isn't it.

After the song ended, I decided to go to Kidung.com to listen to other songs. At that point, I prayed to God to speak to me. Then, I closed my eyes, blindly scroll up and down the website and randomly clicked my mouse. When I open up my eyes- the song began.

That song was Aku Mau Bersyukur. God reminded me "bersyukurlah kepada Tuhan di dalam situasi yang susah!"

That merely 3 seconds lifted my mood. It's awesome how God can remove all your frustrations and negative energy. I know at the end of the day, I have to face the challenges he posed but I believe that in the name of God, I can surpass any obstacles, for He does not gives us tests that exceed our ability.

Still listening to the song, I am writing this note. Tears of depressions are replaced by tears of Joy. I will pray for a brighter tomorrow for everyone.

Kenji

"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ dies for nothing" -Galatians 2:21-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Kenji,

I want to share this verse with you: phillipians 4: 13.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

As long as you've done your part to solve the problem, God'll do the rest. Hang in there, my fren!