Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 20, 2008

As the first week of fasting draws to a close...

Hi teman-teman! Shalom semuanya! We're coming towards the end of the 1st week of our fasting period; I hope that you have learned something new from this experience which will enhance your spiritual life :) I would like to share with you guys what I received within this week...

Ya...as some of you might know, I fell sick this week. I didn't fall sick on any random day of the week, but it was on Monday afternoon, the first day of our fasting period. As usual my nose became the source of pain and I was so confused as to why I was sick in the afternoon when I felt perfectly healthy in the morning. To make things worse, the medicine that I usually took had expired -_- so I went for Scott's cod oil instead haha. That night when I prayed, I just felt that I will be cured without those medicine and a voice inside just told me to speak my faith, not just believe it in my heart. I did just that and the morning when I woke up, the pain was gone! But things didn't really go that smoothly...the mornings that followed were worse, my nose was so dry that it bled on some occasions -_-

In spite of all that, I didn't let that sickness ruin my joy. Instead, I was able to control my junk food intake(or even stop) through that sickness and what made me even more glad is the fact that my productivity was not affected at all hehehe...As the Bible said, God can turn whatever evil that was planned against us for our good, Amen!

Besides that, I received another warning from this week's fasting. As all of you know, the devil's attacks are even stronger in our periods of fasting. Deep down, I just felt that the very thing that the devil was trying to attack is our unity. It is Jesus' wish (John 17:11b) that we be one just as He and the Father are One.

I admit that I've had some negative thoughts of some of my friends due to many reasons, but that still was no reason to think negatively. I thank God for He has helped me realize my mistake and my promise to Him is to control my thoughts for this fasting period, and the times that ensue. And thank you Joel Osteen for your ever inspiring message :)

But I may have made mistakes in the past that I am still not aware of today. I try my best to realize what I did wrong and correct those mistakes accordingly, but there are different perceptions as to what I deem right and what you friends might deem right. This is usually the root of disagreements.

No one's perfect in this world and all of us are bound to make mistakes. But we can't learn from them if we don't even know that they are even there in the first place.

So, like I said last time, if any of you feel that you need to talk to me to discuss your disagreements with me or other matters, please do so. I would be really, really upset if you don't and continue to keep it inside of you and let it ruin our friendship. Remember, a small matter can turn bigger faster than you might think if not dealt with quickly.


Besides that, do you guys know what is the main reason behind the breakdown in marriages? That's right, a breakdown in communications. Because of that, the parties involved start doing all kinds of weird stuffs which sadly leads to separation.

Like I said before, I believe that the devil is targeting our unity and I want all of us to work together to ensure he doesn't succeed.

Don't you think it would be waste for us to have gone this far and lose all our efforts just because of our difference in perceptions?

That's all I wanna share this week and have a blessed one ahead :)

No comments: