Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ahead of the world...

Helloooo fellow cool bloggers..

We're now back in LA! I believe everyone had a great 3 days 2 nights @ "Elevate" Youth Retreat aka bible camp. I am glad to see the many faces of whom I've been praying for, in the camp. There are many experiences and lessons learned.. God also once again revealed His immense love for us, His children.

In light of hoping that every1 will testify abt their encounter with God in this blog, let me start the ball rolling. Here's my piece:

"Elevate" is the 2nd bible camp I've been to, to date. The 1st bible camp I attended was in 2005, while I was still a secondary sch kid in Singapore. Hmm as it was after my 1st camp, I feel refreshed and so much in spirit. But honestly, this 2nd camp has much more impact on my life as a whole, because I had taken a huge, bold step that I thought I'd not have taken without the support of my friends and pastors. I was often in debate with myself whether or not to baptize because I grew up in a non-Christian family. However, the shepherd will never leave his sheeps. Even if 1 goes missing, he will search for that 1 lost sheep until he finds it :) The same thing goes with our mighty awesome shepherd in Heaven; God. When He called me into baptism in 2005, I said "God, maybe I should wait because my mom says I shouldn't do it." And then I buried the desire to get baptized until 2006, when it's time for me to go to LA for college.

I was a singer in my church in Singapore but by the time I got here, I was overwhelmed by the differences between living in an Asian country vs Blue-cheese country (uhm.. I mean, America), that I lost that 'spark' I had with Jesus while in s'pore. Long story short, I became an ordinary church-goer. I'm Christian on Sunday and for the rest of the week, I am no different from the world. I no longer hunger for His presence. Then, comes the breakup of the church and few of us felt obliged to serve in order to keep the church going. One of them is me and I thought I had the fire back. But it wasn't as bright as God wants it to be (yet)... and God desires for me to receive more from Him.. so He sent me to Healing Movement Camp, which burnt my spirit & left me hungry for more...

In this Bible Camp, I received more than I had expected. Fresh annointing, friendship, new revelations and a renewed heart of worship and dedication :). Also, for the first time in my whole 4 years as a believer, I witnessed God's annointing sooner before the pastor even started praying for us. God is oh-so amazing!

During the encore night, I heard God speak to me through my heart that He wants me to reach out to my family & the poor. And in order for His will to be realized in my life, I'd need obedience and complete surrender of my everything to Him. And so, I braved myself (with the support of my friends; thanks Roy, Robin, Veli, Cindy, Mikka, Grace, Ririn, etc...) to get baptized the next morning :). Words can't express how proud I am to have made that choice & do something bold for Jesus :) I'm a new creation now -- one who's ready to go out and preach God's love to my friends in UCLA and to my family back home.

One thing I know, I have made the right choice of coming to this camp & choosing God as my one and only Savior & guys!! this is only the beginning! God has prepared more challenges for us to ELEVATE to a much higher level each day. Amennn!! Go Nazarites!

I believe an elevated person is someone who will be ahead of the world, while on his/her journey to run after God and His great plan for him/her :) God bless u!

No comments: