Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Backflash

To all my Friends,

My two years in LA is like a theory lesson. I study humility, righteousness, leadership, communication, wisdom, faith and etc. In all, I learned Jesus way of Life. Each of everyone, to me, represents their strongest aspect in life. For example, Robin's strongest aspect is righteousness, Roy's leadership, Olivia's communication and Nova's is humility. Of course, everyone is a complete whole; I am just saying that it is your respective area of forte, in my perception.

What God showed me along the way is that I have to learn from my friends, rather than be an example for them. Instead of using my own opinion to define and formulate the right way of life, I have to let God show me what really is right and God has to do it through His ambassadors on Earth (I mean you kids in LA).

It was not easy at first. Being a stubborn and prideful person, I find it hard to reverse my life, allow others to guide me and alter my ambitions and plans. But after I was baptized, a series of mishaps crushed me mentally. I found myself even more confused than ever and no worldly theory that I adored could conjure an answer. My only alternative at that time was to just let God's will take over my life. I thought I was becoming weaker.

The path to changes was so difficult. On top of that, our God always make us do things that do not make any sense at all. At that time, school and problems consumed my entire life. I was struggling to cope with my examinations and barely doing well in some of them. And at the very same time, He guided me to dedicate more time in His Kingdom. For one, I found myself doing church-related activities at least 4 days a week. In my mind, I told God that this better work...

Gradually, I see amazing changes in my life. To be honest, I really do not know how all these happens but I began to see healing in my surrounding. First of all, I no longer felt troubled or pressured because of worldly issues. Then, I see people closed to me being changed significantly- people whom I cared (or once cared) being healed by God. Finally, He multiplied and developed my talents in areas that I never dreamed before. Frankly, this amazing-ness began to scare me a lot but I remembered someone saying this: "if you don't want God to use you, He won't". Since I really wanted to be nurtured, I continue doing what He sends me to do.

I now understands why He wants me to be a "surrender-er"; He wants to work in my life!
He made me a strong in His Kingdom by instructing me to be weak in this world. I now know why He does not want me to focus on being an example to the world. Only His strength can change my life and make me an example to this world. I was made stronger because I picked up from all my friends. I learned humility- willingness to learn from any people, righteousness- never to compromise on your beliefs, faith- preparing the field for God's rain, wisdom- understanding God's plan in my life.

God also fulfilled my worldly needs. I mentioned that He healed people around me. Further, He handled all my school work. Maybe some people did not know this but I did not earn that honor status. It was given to me (literally). Then recently, I did something I never achieved before in my entire life- getting an A in writing class. By the way, I failed 6 English examinations (common tests and exams) since secondary two. One teacher said my english was hopeless. Well, I am hopeless, but my God is hope-ful.

So I'd like to encourage everyone still in LA to cherish their moments there. Let God work in your life and may your experience there change your entire life. When things get really difficult and you are on the verge of giving up, remember, your God is bigger than what you think He is.

PS: I thanked everyone last week. Even though some did not hear it, I know God will somehow convey my appreciation. Continue being a blessing to other people. Change others like you have changed my life.

3 comments:

nova :D said...

that was really sweet kenji :) thank you so much. I appreciate your friendship and your sincerity to us (of coz, to me too). I am VERY VERY sure God will mould you into someone who will do BIG things and impact people! After all, that's what we're called to do right? I hope you enjoy Indo (meet the ppl you wanna meet thr ^^=) & all the best in Japan.

henwahjudi said...

good...good..you are such a good perceiver..i say. Ken, you open my eyes to always learn from others. i don't know if this is your strength, but keep being a guidance for others too, especially me!! enjoy your time in Indo and best time in Japan later.

robingun said...

Jiii thanks for everything yeaaa u've been a really gud fren n we're gonna miss ur mischief and tenacity!!

all the best ji!