Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blessed

Hi Teman2,

It's been slightly over a month since I last spent time with you all. I still often think of everyone and honestly, I miss all of you in LA! Jakarta is awesome; there are many things to do and many topics to learn. After all, a new environment requires a whole new set of knowledge and survival techniques. During the past 1 month, God really blesses my life with new friends and understandings. He guides my every action and gives me new revelation every day. Thus, in this post, I hope to share an experience.

We often hear pastor ranting about getting out of your comfort zone. Often, Roy and Veli reminded us of the necessity to get out of your usual routine and win more souls for Jesus. With God's grace, we've witnessed some miraculous transformation. Most of us grew from an inactive church member, to a radical revolutioners and transformers. We did things we have never done before; we create new team philosophy every time we organize an event; we improved our skills and multiplied our talent. Doing new things, daring to climb up the next step towards His standard is indeed getting out of our comfort zone.

None of us were comfortable when we had to approach strangers and preach the gospel to them but it is that discomfort that developed our strength, our resilience. When I arrived to Jakarta, I had many options. I could stay at home and play computer games; I could go to my dad's office and read newspapers or I could go out, make friends and do something that enrich myself. Choosing the latter will definitely make me uncomfortable. After all I know almost no one from Indonesia and I have no friends at all. But I prayed for strength and favor. I prayed to God that I will have favor everywhere I go.

I was brought to a 'FA' session where I have to face 40 strangers (Yes... 40). There, the FA leader was pushing his friends to get out of their comfort zone at all times. He instructed us not to seek comfort, for God will send comforter (Holy Spirit) to comfort you. Instead, we should seek out of comfort and ask God to process our lives! That FA leader's message sounded almost cruel to me but at the same time, it was a huge blessing to me. I now know He wanted me to get out of my comfort zone. It was very difficult at first because I was new to everything. But when I see something that is difficult, God reminded me of the things I've done in LA. If I can go to Venice Blvd and pray with strangers, there is absolutely no reason for me to be scared of just chatting with strangers! True, there were several awkward moments during the process but I believe the discomfort will prepare me for bigger things tomorrow or next week.

Soon, I was getting quite comfortable with my situation. However, God did not want me to stop. He wants to show me what His favor can do in my life. Two weeks ago, I began my fasting session for Bring it On event. During the same time, I had to assist my parents in settling some administrative matters in Singapore. Naturally, I know I will have to listen to many uncomfortable comments regarding fasting. Being a non-believer, my parents scoffed at my decision to fast for the church. Really, it was a moment of total discomfort. But I've shown them that when I fast for my God, I work three times as effectively. I completed the tasks that required three days in just one single day. They were impressed with my performance and soon dropped their comments regarding fasting. That, my friend- is God's favor!

Just recently, I attended a session where Pst Tommy Tenney preached about Esther. Tommy T informed us that, presently, the Muslims and other anti-jewish people often visits Esther's grave (in middle east) and give their respect to Esther! Esther was a Jews and she was supposedly hated among the Muslim population. But when God favor is with you, even your enemies respect you! We shouldn't worry about being uncomfortable because GOD knows you are uncomfortable. He knows it and inspects your faith in Him. He favors Esther because of her faith. Likewise, He only favors people with faith!

My friends, I believe everyone is at the point where things start to get comfortable again. I hope when you read this message, you will be reminded of Veli's preaching sessions. Pray to God that He will process your life and equip you with everything you need. Then get out and prepare the field for his rain! Ask for favor, remove that comfortable blanket from your body and wait for God to show His mighty power. When things get too difficult, remember, you are the one that went out and preached the gospel to strangers.

1 comment:

{Roy}!G said...

amin! We shouldn't fear of anything when God is with us. thanks for praying for the event. it was a huge success--about 73+ people turned up.

of whom, 40-50 are new people. My prayer = God save all their souls. take care ken!

continue growing in CHrist... I hope that one day i can see u standing on the pulpit (or anywhere else) preaching theGospel in Japan :)