Credits

Layout Design: Free Blogger Skins

Graphic Design: COOL Destiny

Brushes: DamnedInBlack

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We the citizens of God's vineyard.. pledge ourselves as the new wine :)

Hello everyone..

I think God brought me to this blog today after my extremely long period of dormancy from our fa blog. Why, you may ask? The first thing I read was the post right below mine (Kenji's post). Then I thought "Hmm.. stepping out of our comfort zone.. oh-kay.. that's something really relevant for me this summer."

As most of you have already known, I went to Korea for an education abroad program from June-August. Well, it was frightening at first because I'm not familiar with the language and I've always been around the comfort of my Indonesian friends. So, the thought of having to start a new chapter with non-Indonesian friends in a foreign country was a scare. However, I can tell you right now that my experience in Korea was amaaaaaazing :) God never leaves us alone. Never. There's a verse that says "I will never leave you, nor forsake you" and I can tell you from my experience, that His word is more alive than anyone could ever imagine. Hehe. He gave me an indonesian friend to begin with, Ko Tedy, who took me to this Indonesian church in Seoul. I was definitely the youngest there because everyone was either working or married already. But God gave me the things I needed to bond well with them :) So, when you're willing to step out of your comfort zone, that doesn't mean letting God's hands go. In fact, He will all the more hold our hands and enable us to do things we never thought we could. Remember, He is our Provider. Amen.

And plus, God rewarded me with an opportunity to be the worship leader during one of the Sunday services. Although I am lacking in much, He still uses me. Now, this reminds me about something else God taught me over the summer. After I completed my summer classes in Seoul and flew back to Jakarta, there was one Saturday when I went to a GBI Youth Service called "Friends." To be honest, I was a little conscious about coming "friendless" to that place. However, a friend urged me to accompany her there. So I did. And God spoke relevantly (and, powerfully) to me that night. He gave me a new perspective about the miracle that Jesus did in John 2:1-13.

Right before he turned the water into wine, he specifically asked the servants of the party to bring him empty vessels that served the purpose of washing the guests' feet (as the custom of the Jews at that time). Then he ordered for those dirty vessels to be filled with tap water and then he turned that water into wine, which tasted better than the wine before. Friends, God could have used perfectly beautiful & clean vessels to be filled with water, but He chose the dirty vessels that were used to wash feet instead. This message really strengthens me. Often times, I feel that people underestimate me in life... however now I know how much I mean to God. As long as one is willing to give his/her life to Jesus, He will fill our lives with His water and do his miracles, so that we are transformed 180 degree into new wine, which tasted waaaaay better than the wine that was served in the party earlier on. So folks, no matter what you're lacking in, as long as you give your life to God, He will be responsible till the end to transform you from just dirty water to new wine. Amen!

1 comment:

{Roy}!G said...

Amin! thank u for the message Eva!

banyak orang sekarang lacking of this kinda faith in God. we have to tell the world that God can use any dirty vessel for his purpose!